Categories: World

China says ‘shocked’ by WHO plan for Covid origins study


BEIJING: A senior Chinese health official said Thursday he was shocked by the World Health Organisation‘s plan for the second phase of a Covid-19 origins study.
National Health Commission Vice Minister Zeng Yixin dismissed the lab leak theory as a rumor running counter to common sense.
The head of the WHO acknowledged last week that it was premature to rule out a potential link between the pandemic and a leak of the coronavirus from a Chinese lab.
Zeng called the theory a rumor that goes against science.



Source link

nand verma

Recent Posts

Probing fictitious transactions of Rs 2200cr, says I-T department after raids on Dainik Bhaskar | India News

NEW DELHI: The Income Tax department on Saturday claimed to have found "fictitious transactions" of…

6 mins ago

Delhi Metro, buses to run with full capacity; theatres allowed at 50%

The Delhi Metro and public buses in the city will operate at full…

14 mins ago

Most expensive wines from around the world

Bottles of Chateau Lafite went up for auction in Hong Kong. The seller was expecting…

20 mins ago

Car sharing company Getaround to pay $950,000 in DC settlement, Auto News, ET Auto

Racine said the settlement resolves allegations Getaround misled consumers "by using phony owner profiles for…

43 mins ago

Domino’s Pizza (DPZ) Q2 2021 earnings beat

Employees garnish pizza inside a Domino's Pizza location.Jason Alden | Bloomberg | Getty ImagesDomino's Pizza…

46 mins ago